Monday 14 May 2012

The Striped 50's Bralette.






The last couple days I've been busy working on the first piece of the collection, the faded candy coloured striped, 1950's inspired bralette. Clearly, it's not quite finished yet, still have to sew in the back, then add a few buttons for the fastenings and maybe add a little bow detail at the front. I love the material, so many different things spring to mind just looking at it, vintage sweet packaging, waitress's aprons in fifties diners, old school summer dresses. The fabric, combined with the design are both just so expressive of the vision I had in mind... summery, pin-up style, vintage beachwear inspired. I can't wait to get this one finished so I can start making the checkered powder blue bralette, and also a creamy white Lolita-esque one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment