Saturday 25 August 2012

more musings.

"Sea folk, fauns of the forest"
"Salt glistened on her eyelids, mauve-amethyst eyes"
-Oscar Wilde, The Fisherman and his Soul

"I was within and without, simultaneously enchanted and repelled by the inexhaustible variety of life."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"To talk to him was like listening to the tinkling of a worn-out musical box."

"I ought to suit you well dear, I'm corrupt to the bones."

"Why should the fruit be held inferior to the flower?"

"Even the victims of the Russian purges could carry rebellion locked up his skull as he walked down the passage waiting for the bullet. But we make the brain perfect before we blow it out."

"Under the chestnut tree, I sold you and you sold me."

-George Orwell, 1984

Just using my blog as a bit of a sketchbook at the moment, to hold all the pretty pictures, sounds and words.

No comments:

Post a Comment